Eternity of the Soul
I was just waking from a little nap before heading to church to watch the Cardinals pound the Pirates…
And in the lovely place between sleep and being fully awake God came to me. He comes to me often in those times because my mindsets haven’t shifted toward the world yet and my human defenses and logic aren’t up and running. He came to me playfully and wrapped me into His loving embrace. I felt so secure. I knew in that moment I would feel this very same way for the rest of eternity. I don’t normally think in terms of my short, human life. When time ends on this earth I will spend timelessness with God and His family; forever wrapped in playful comfort.
This reminded me of a post I wrote in Aug. 2012 that I’d like to share. I just came across it last night, most ironically.
Have you ever stared at your eyes in the mirror and had an out of body experience?
When it happened my mind was in outer space floating about and wondering who I was and what my purpose is. It was scary actually. So, I would never stare into my own eyes, weary of that feeling. It made knots in my entire body. I felt like a wandering soul.
I see now that I was.
Every person who isn’t founded in our one Creator has that. It’s a fun idea until you realize what it would mean to be entirely alone in the cosmos with no great power to control your soul’s traveling with. There is no safety to come home to. Or love. We are created to have a warm place to lie our heads - home is the breast of God where the Spirit reverberates as His heart beat. He’s not a puppet master. He wanted a bride to love.
Last week the Spirit led me to look into the mirror at my eyes. I saw His daughter. I saw my home and I knew I had a crafted purpose. I’m not a wandering soul anymore. I belong to the King.
And in the lovely place between sleep and being fully awake God came to me. He comes to me often in those times because my mindsets haven’t shifted toward the world yet and my human defenses and logic aren’t up and running. He came to me playfully and wrapped me into His loving embrace. I felt so secure. I knew in that moment I would feel this very same way for the rest of eternity. I don’t normally think in terms of my short, human life. When time ends on this earth I will spend timelessness with God and His family; forever wrapped in playful comfort.
This reminded me of a post I wrote in Aug. 2012 that I’d like to share. I just came across it last night, most ironically.
Have you ever stared at your eyes in the mirror and had an out of body experience?
When it happened my mind was in outer space floating about and wondering who I was and what my purpose is. It was scary actually. So, I would never stare into my own eyes, weary of that feeling. It made knots in my entire body. I felt like a wandering soul.
I see now that I was.
Every person who isn’t founded in our one Creator has that. It’s a fun idea until you realize what it would mean to be entirely alone in the cosmos with no great power to control your soul’s traveling with. There is no safety to come home to. Or love. We are created to have a warm place to lie our heads - home is the breast of God where the Spirit reverberates as His heart beat. He’s not a puppet master. He wanted a bride to love.
Last week the Spirit led me to look into the mirror at my eyes. I saw His daughter. I saw my home and I knew I had a crafted purpose. I’m not a wandering soul anymore. I belong to the King.
Yes, this is a picture of my own eye. :D

0 comments:
Post a Comment